Tuesday 25 February 2014

Guest Post: A Day in Oslo

Hey everyone, so todays post is by Annie from Annie R Lindberg. I have just discovered her blog and really love it, she takes such amazing photographs and I love finding out what she's been up to or just staring at her beautiful pictures. This post in particular just makes me want to go to Norway so I hope you enjoy her piece as much as I do and be sure to check out her blog x

Hi! I know this is a little while ago, but I wanted to show you these pictures and tell you about this day anyway. It was early january and my boyfriend and I were still back in Norway visiting my family. Kevin, my boyfriend, had never been in Oslo before, so my father, my step mother, my youngest step sister and I went there together with my boyfriend to show him around the city. The reason why he haven't been there before is because he is from the Netherlands, and this is only the second time so far that we visited Norway together, and we didnt have the chance to go last time. It was pretty cold and rainy this day but it didnt stop us from doing some sightseeing in Oslo!

We started out taking a walk trough the castle grounds where the royal family is living.


                 


After walking around the castle grounds we went to the famous pier of Oslo where you can walk along the water called Aker Brygge. There are shops, cafés and resturants you can visit, and it is a very popular place to visit in Oslo for shopping and dining.




We went for some shopping here (and my youngest step sister posing with a bear statue, haha!) before heading to dinner. We went to a very popular pizza place in Norway called Peppes Pizza to eat dinner. They have the most delicious pizza I have ever had, and I eat there quite often if I am eating dinner out.




Ah that pizza was sooo good! 
So after we had been eating, talking and laughing for hours while getting stuffed on pizza, we went to a very old resturant near the famous ski jump just outside Oslo called Frogneseteren to have a coffee before heading home. 




This place is a lot higher up than Oslo itself and it was incredible snowy there so I couldnt get a good picture of the outside of the place, but as you can see the inside is very old and beautiful. We had a coffee and a cake here before heading home and on the way we stopped outside a very old hotel, also close to the ski jump, called Holmenkollen Park Hotel.


It was a great day with family and my boyfriend loved seeing Oslo, even if it was cold!

What do you think of the pictures? Have you ever been to Oslo? If so, how was your experience? Tell me in the comments!

x Miss Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment