Saturday 6 April 2013

Mini Haul 1: Foundations

So last week I went on a mini shopping trip and bought a few bits and pieces from Superdrug and Boots. 
As I bought quite a few products I have decided to show you each category separately and give a mini review on each product.





Revlon Colorstay foundation
(110 Ivory)





As you can see from the images above, this is a good coverage foundation and feels fairly light on the skin. However, this is going to sound contradicting, it looks very cakey (on my skin) and it is very noticeable that I am wearing foundation. 
However the product is true to it's name and stays on for the majority of the day, I do not think it would last 24 hours like it says on the bottle but you can be the judge of that. Having said that I reckon this would be good for a night out.

*I know I put a lot on my hand in the pictures, it was so it would show up on camera





Revlon Nearly Naked foundation
130 Shell Coquillage

















I much prefer this foundation as it looks more natural than the other and still stays on for the majority of the day. However if you have oily skin I would recommend using a setting spray or powder to set it.
For me this foundation has better coverage and looks much better than the colorstay foundation.
So far I have no complaints about this product and would most definitely recommend it to friends.


Both foundations are good, however as the nearly naked foundation is a new formula I think that is what makes it better than the colorstay one. Or maybe it's just me being tricked into thinking because it's a new formula it must be better. 

Let me know if you have tried these products and what you think of them.

Thanks for reading,

Much love x


No comments:

Post a Comment