Tuesday 9 April 2013

Mini Haul 2: Lip Products

Hey everyone,
So continuing with my mini haul in my local drugstores the other day...

Rimmel - Apocalips liplaquer

(3 for 2 on all Rimmel makeup at Superdrug)












































I really like the product itself, one because i love applying lipgloss and that is what you are doing and two i prefer the look of lipstick than lipgloss which is what the outcome of this product is.

I did feel there wasn't a large variety of colour but as it is a fairly new product I'll give them a chance to hopefully release some more shades. 
With reference to the two colours I bought, #303 Apocaliptic (hot pink one) and #101 Celestial (pinky/neutral one) I much prefer #303, which I was surprised at as I usually like a nude/baby pink lip. I liked it because it looked really good with my skin tone (ivory) and made me look more dressed up even in pyjamas, which is sometimes nice when you don't want to wear heels but still want to look remotely dressed up.
Without the promotion, these were £5.99 each, which I think is a reasonable price as the are similar products on the market, YSL Glossy Stain make-up (which I have not tried but will attempt and compare in the future) at the cheapest £22.50.
It stays on for the majority of a night out however I had to touch it up because my lips were feeling bare.


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

(3 for 2 on all Revlon products at Superdrug)











































I really love this product. Usually with all lip products I find myself having to put more on during the day/night as it has faded or my lips feel bare/dry. I did not need to put on more of this product once. It made my lips feel nourished and look good at the same time. It is very similar to the YSL Sheer Nourishing Lipstick at £23.50 but almost a 1/3 of the price at £7.99. 

I bought #075 Lollipop which is a vibrant fuchsia. I was quite surprised by how many colours were already out and because of how pleased I am, I am going to buy some more.

L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash

(Buy 1 get the 2nd 1/2 price at Superdrug)












































I personally think this is more of a lipgloss than stain as it did not stay on my lips for more than an our or so. However I did like this product because of the coolness I felt when I applied it to my lips, now I mean temperature wise not style. I really like this colour, #102 Romy, because I like pinky colours on my lips especially in spring and summer, and this looks gorgeous especially with white.

It costs £7.99, which I think is a bit expensive but L'Oreal is a bit more expensive than others because of where it is made. I think this is quite similar to Lancome's Color Fever Gloss, which is quite a bit more expensive at £20. 

Overall I think all the products were good and worth buying, there are a few I will be buying again in other colours and a few I will leave with what I have. 

I realise I made quite a few comparisons with higher-end makeup brands today, and so I am going to test all of the products I have mentioned in this blog (when I can get my hands on them) and compare them with these products.

Thanks for reading,

Much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment