Monday 27 January 2014

Stop Counting

I used to be a big fan of apps like My Fitness Pal as you could type in almost anything you've eaten that day and find out exactly how many calories were in it and how good or bad you've been that day. 
But now I realise this is not what is important.
Of course you have to have a reasonable amount of control over the number of calories you intake each day however I now realise that it is the volume of sugar you consume throughout the day that really matters.



Why am I telling you this?

So many of my friends are obsessing over how many calories they eat whereas they should be worrying about all the crap that enters their bodies along with the majority of those calories.

Sugar has been a hot topic recently, people are beginning to realise how dangerous it really is and I couldn't agree more. Sugar is in almost every food you can think of.
Now as I've said before not all sugars are bad but the amount we are consuming nowadays is what is slowly killing us all. 



Unfortunately there is no app that tells you how much sugar is in every item you eat and ingredients on labels can be confusing as there are over 40 different names for sugars.
However you can help your health (and weight loss) if you monitor your sugar intake by eliminating the volume of processed foods you consume.
Sounds dreadful but leaves you feeling so much better and of course your treat day can allow you to have that M&S chicken pie or dairy milk chocolate bar you crave.

What's the point of this post?

All I want is for people to be better educated about their health and how they can improve it. If this means I have to invent an app to do it, so be it (may take 20 years as technology is most definitely not my thing). 

Give it a go, look at your sugar intake rather than calories and see if you notice any results.

No comments:

Post a Comment