Friday 10 January 2014

My Face Moisturisers for Winter

So this week I was going to do a make up tutorial featuring the Naked 3 palette but as I was ill yesterday and didn't have time that will come next instead. So as a result my on the spot thinking has left me with this...

I use two different moisturisers in winter to prevent my skin becoming dry. I am someone with normal/dry skin, i.e. combination skin, which means in winter I have to do all I can to keep my skin hydrated and looking radiant rather than looking like the peeled white bits of an orange (you know the bit I mean).

What I use:

In the mornings, before applying my makeup I use Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Dry/Sensitive. It's a light moisturiser that only needs a thin layer to hydrate your skin as it feels like you are applying a smooth, water-based cream to your face.
This is one of my all time favourite moisturisers because I really feel like it is doing its job as soon as it touches my skin. My skin can get really dry and rough in winter but using this prevents it from EVER getting to that stage which is incredible. I really would recommend this to anyone who has dry skin or if your skin tends to dry up just a little this time of year try this moisturiser for different skin types because I am almost certain you will love it as much as I do.

After I have taken off my make up in the evening I apply Jason Revitalising Vitamin E Creme. This is a thick creamy moisturiser which is almost the complete opposite to the Liz Earle one. 
I find this moisturiser is perfect for the evening and during the night as, if you are a fidgeter like me, it is likely your moisturiser rubs off onto your pillows. Having a thick moisturiser helps keep your face protected from becoming dry overnight. I won't lie the smell of the product isn't great but it's something I have learnt to put up with for hydrated skin. 

Tip for dry skin:
Use liquid foundation rather than powder based as they powder clings to dry skin making it more obvious on the face.


No comments:

Post a Comment