Wednesday 15 January 2014

Mid-Week Rambles

Maroon 5



OH MY GAAWWDDD!!! I think one of the most amazing nights of my life. On Friday I felt like the luckiest girl in the world as I had the privilege of going to see the incredible Maroon 5. If you cannot tell I'm still not over it. I have never been one of those fan girls like Beliebers/Directioners/etc. but I can honestly say I am a... I don't think they have a name for their fans but let's call me a "Marooner" - not the best name oh well.

The supporting act was Robin Thicke and if I'm honest I wasn't too bothered about seeing him as my opinion of him was pretty low but wow how wrong was I and how glad am I that I went early enough to see him. He was so genuine on stage and had an amazing voice. His songs had an old vibe to them (surprinsing I know) and his voice had a gentle warming tone that was really sweet and sincere. If there is ever a chance to see him live again I definitely would go.
He finished his set with "Blurred Lines" which had the entire place dancing and singing. He was the perfect person to ready the audience for Maroon 5.



Now the main event. I think they had me when they came on early, I mean rockstars that are punctual unheard of. I also liked they there were none of these stupid costume changes, I mean I can understand it with women, but why do men need to change into a new outfit during a show? It baffles me - no disrespects to the artists that do this I just find it annoying. 

We were in for a treat, a full hour and a half I think... can't quite remember of singing and a little conversation. 
Adam Levine also seemed really genuine as he joked "We're not a boy band, we're a band band" and when he couldn't stop laughing before singing "She Will Be Loved" which he justified by saying "Stop smiling so much you guys are making me laugh" which made the entire O2 erupt with laughter. All this just made me love him even more than I already did 
*fan girls for a minute and I'm back.

His interaction with the audience made the performance of "She Will Be Loved" brilliant as he divided the arena into two and had half of us sing "And she will be loved, and she will be lo-oved" whilst the other half sang "I don't mind spending every day, out on your corner in the pouring rain". 
I honestly cannot imagine a better feeling than being in such a huge space with thousands of people staring at you singing your lyrics to you. 

My personal favourites of the night were: Lucky Strike, Moves Like Jagger, Payphone and She Will Be Loved.

I had the most incredible night and all I'll say is if you ever get the chance to see them live GO because I guarantee you, you will become a "Marooner" like me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment