Thursday 31 October 2013

Easy Halloween Makeup Looks


So last week if I wasn't away I would have done this in a series but as it's Halloween TODAY it's going to have to be one whole blog post. So you can choose the one you like and read that or if you like all three I'm not gonna stop you go ahead and read them all.
So without me blagging on any more here are my easy (trust me if I can do them anyone can) Halloween makeup looks.

1) Mad Hatter




 So this is inspired by the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. Now as you can see it is not exactly the same as Jonny Depp's but that's why I'm saying inspired ;)

So for my face I used Max Factor's Face Finity in the lightest colour light "Ivory" to make my skin pale because I feel it made the rest of my makeup stand out. I also used my regular concealer to cover any blemishes I wanted hidden. 
Now I tried to use black eyeshadow to contour my cheeks but it just made me look like I had a beard so I ended up wiping it off but you can give it a go and see if you can make it work without looking like a man.
I also used my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in "Beige" to give myself a cartoony/non-real effect. I placed this above my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose and my chin.

Under my eyes I placed my NYX Blush in "Summer Peach" to make my eyes look crazy and tired. I also used my Estee Lauder Intense Lipcreme in "Hot Hot" beneath my lower lashes to add to this effect.

For my eyes I used all the colours in Maybelline's Diamond Glow in "Forest Drama". I used this palette  because I felt the green was quite wild and fitting for this character.
Simple break down: 

  • Light green - lids and brought a little above the crease
  • Emerald green - creases
  • Dark green - outer corners and creases
  • Yellow - highlighter for the brow bone

No judging I'm bad at applying eyelashes 



I put Maybelline's Master Duo in "black" above my top lashes (handy liquid eyeliner if you suck at eyeliner like me). Then I applied false lashes, any will do, but the weirder the better.

For cheeks and lips I applied Revlon's Lip Butter in "Tutti Fruiti" which I think makes you look crazier and similar to the lashes, the brighter the better.

I curled my hair and tied it in two pigtails, one high and one low to look messy and crazy.



2) Marilyn Monroe 



So a slightly classy look, this is extremely simple and looks gorgeous. 

I applied Estee Lauder Intense Lipcreme in "Hot Hot" beneath my lower lashes to add to this effect.. This gave me the flawless look Marilyn Monroe has.
I used my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in "Beige" to look more glowing aiming for that perfect skin she has. I placed this above my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose and my chin.

For my eyes I used two colours from the Maybelline Diamond Glow again in "Blue Drama".
Simple break down"
  • Silver - lids
  • Light blue - crease and outer corner





I then applied her signature mole to the right side of my face using a brown eye brow pencil, you can use anything for it (eyeliner, lip liner etc.)

For my lips I used Estee Lauder's Intense Lipcreme in "Hot Hot" for the perfect red lips she always had.

I curled my hair, of course you can cut your hair, pin it up or wear a wig but I decided to rock Maryiln Monroe with long hair. In other words my hair styling abilities are minimal.




3) Vampire


Scaring myself a little bit

Pale faced, blood thirsty and really quite frightening.

For my face I used Max Factor's Face Finity in the lightest colour light "Ivory" to make my skin pale and my regular concealer to cover any blemishes I wanted hidden. This made my face pale like a vampire's. You couldtry to use black eyeshadow to contour your face but like I said before I can't seem to do it right.

Onto the eyes I did the same thing under my eyes for this as I did for the Mad Hatter. I placed my NYX Blush in "Summer Peach" to make my eyes look crazy and tired. I also used my Estee Lauder Intense Lipcreme in "Hot Hot" beneath my lower lashes to add to this effect.

Next I used one colour out of the Maybelline's Diamond Glow "Blue Drama" (grey) and one from the Revlon Photoready "Graffiti" (black) to create a dark smokey look.
Simple breakdown:
  • Grey - lids and blended above crease to create a shadow
  • Black - crease and outer corners blended inwards


For my lips I blended Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in "Dark Night Waterl-Oops" (don't ask about the name I'm confused) and Revlon's Colorsensational in "Midnight Plum" to make my lips dark.
I used the Estee Lauder's Intense Lipcreme in "Hot Hot" for blood which I dripped down my chin from my mouth and I placed a splash on my cheek.



I curled my hair and then brushed it out for the sexy vampire look, I also think straightening your hair would look great with this look.



So there are all three, for one and two you could use face paint for the pale face and blood and contact lenses would look really cool but I hate touching my eyes so I left them out!!

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment